Walt Disney World® Resort in central Florida is one of the top student group destinations for a number of reasons. Disney's world-famous theme parks will provide entertainment and thrills that will leave every person in your group with a smile on his or her face.
But there is more to Disney than wild rides and wild animals. Students have an opportunity to go behind the scenes and learn the secrets behind Disney's magic. The group will also benefit from learning from professional clinicians, actors, dancers, musicians and scientists. Bands, choirs, and music groups of every type will have the opportunity to perform before a live audience.
When it comes to providing educational value and fun, Disney and Student Adventures will be the perfect partners for you. Please call us to learn more about student group opportunities at Disney. We will put together a magical experience that your kids will never forget!
You can also learn more about some of Disney's programs. Just keep reading and follow the links to the programs that interest you:
Walt Disney World® Resort “The most magical place on earth” is the largest and most-visited recreational resort in the world. Located just southwest of Orlando, it contains four theme parks, two water parks and 24 on-site theme hotels.
• Magic Kingdom® Park is the original park designed similar to the one in Disneyland®, California. Magic Kingdom captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, backstage tours and beloved Disney Characters. The park is designed like a wheel with a hub in front of Cinderella Castle leading to seven whimsical lands.
• Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park is home to more than 1,700 animals from 250 species sprawling across 500 acres of lush landscape.
• Disney’s Hollywood Studios™ offers behind-the-scenes glimpses of Hollywood-style action with live shows, thrilling attractions, backstage tours and special events that only happen in this Disney Park dedicated to entertainment. The glitz and glamour of the Hollywood Heydays from the 1930s and 1940s are captured by the neon, chrome, art deco and modern architecture throughout the park. The streets and sections of the 4 areas of the Park blend together like a large, bustling movie set.
• Epcot® is the largest theme park and is divided into Future World and World Showcase.
Future World is full of sensational attractions, all of which focus on technological advancements, innovation and wonder.
World Showcase is a collection of Pavilions that wrap around the World Showcase Lagoon. Inside the Pavilions, find shops, attractions and restaurants that represent the culture and cuisine of 11 countries.
Walt Disney World Youth Programs Exciting learning and competitive opportunities for middle and high schools, colleges and community center groups.
• Disney Magic Music Days Student and community performing groups of 10 or more, such as bands, orchestras, vocal groups, and dance/drill ensembles, are given the opportunity to perform "on stage" for approximately 20 minutes at select locations in Walt Disney World® Resort.
• Disney Jazz Celebration This is a competitive performance weekend for middle and high school jazz ensembles featuring renowned adjudicators from across the country, master classes and nightly concerts by jazz celebrities.
• Festival Disney Available on select weekends in May, this program is a series of competitive performance events that is open to all middle and high school concert and marching bands, string orchestras, full orchestras, jazz and choral ensembles, show choirs and auxiliary units. A top panel of adjudicators provides feedback in all categories and conducts personalized clinics for each group.
• Disney STEP Classic In this action-packed weekend, Disney is hosting competitive step dancing teams from middle schools, high schools, colleges and community centers. The Disney STEP Classic is presented in conjunction with the MEAC/SWAC Challenge and ESPN Regional Television, which will be filming portions of the event to air on ESPN2.
• Disney Performing Arts Workshops NEW MUSICAL THEATRE WORKSHOP! Disney Performing Arts in partnership with Disney on Broadway, has created an experience that combines the thrill of Broadway and the magic of Disney into a single workshop. An inside look at theatre, music, staging, costuming, and props, as well as the opportunity to perform original material from a Broadway musical, is what's in store for you in Disney's Broadway Magic Workshop!
• Disney Honors Disney Performing Arts is proud to announce the newest edition of The Disney Honors with a renewed focus towards music education. This opportunity will challenge your students to reach new heights through preparation for the festival and with feedback from the outstanding panel of evaluators; this promises to be an experience to remember. For the first time, we also invite Middle School ensembles to participate in this magical and unique festival experience.
• Disney Grad Night April 29 & 30 and May 6 & 7, 2011 Magic Kingdom® Park
We are pleased to announce the dates for Disney Grad Nite 2011! Disney Grad Nite promises to be the most elaborate high school Senior Celebration ever! The Class of 2011 will have an amazing time with non-stop multiple-themed dance parties, today's hottest performers live, a special fireworks show, and action-packed attractions. This is one night you don't want to miss!
• Disney Youth Education Series (Y.E.S.) Disney Youth Education Series provides a one-of-a-kind educational experience for K-12 student groups of 10 or more. More than 20 curriculum-based, academic journeys examine and explore the scientific, cultural, creative, and natural exhibits of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks.
• Disney Home School Days Are your homeschoolers ready to push their education to the next level or simply needing a new out-of-the-box challenge? Disney Homeschool Days offers exciting programs that are sure to enhance and add a new level to your homeschool curriculum. Learning has never been more fun. Disney Homeschool Days invites your students to explore scientific, cultural, creative and natural exhibits of the Walt Disney World® Resort Theme Parks for hands-on, eye-opening experiences. Just announced! The next Disney Homeschool Days event is planned for January 24 & 25, 2011.
• Disney Theme Park Adventures This is THE place to plan your group's ultimate field trip, because there's nothing like the fun of experiencing all the excitement of Disney Theme Parks with your friends! Disney Theme Park Adventures are specially priced tickets designed to let your youth group enjoy all the Walt Disney World® Resort excitement — and save! Here you can experience all the fun of the four Walt Disney World— Theme Parks, two water parks, and Downtown Disney® Area. And, if that's not enough, we have special events that are happening throughout the year to make your trip even more magical.