Before you begin to pack for your trip, remember you are allowed one suitcase and one carry-on bag. Each participant will be required to handle their own luggage. Student Adventures recommends using a lightweight suitcase with wheels. Carry-on bags must be small enough to fit under a seat or in the overhead bin of the motor coach (duffle bags or backpacks are perfect).
Know the weather for your destination! You will want to pack accordingly.
Your carry-on bag will remain with you at all times and should contain your valuables, a few essentials and, to be safe, a change of clothes for the next day. Here are a few suggestions for your carry-on
- Extra Facemasks, hand sanitizer, and thermometer.
- Change of clothing (you will not have access to your main luggage until the following day on all overnight travel trips)
- Spending Money/Debit Card
- Basic toiletries: deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- Cell Phone/IPod with chargers
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Reading Materials
- School ID
Your suitcase should contain your wardrobe for as many days as you will be traveling. Keep in mind that weather will play a factor so pack accordingly. Definitely take the following:
- A good pair of walking shoes and a pair of flip-flops for the hotel. A pair of dress shoes if necessary.
- Underwear – take one pair more than you think you need, just in case!
- Jeans/Khakis (or shorts if permitted)
- T-shirts, collared shirts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, windbreaker
Your Itinerary will be given to you by your Teacher/Trip Sponsor and can be found on Your Trip App. Be prepared for a fun adventure! You will be on the go most of the time so be sure you are well rested and dressed accordingly.
Weather plays a vital role in travel, so we recommend you keep informed and pack according to the presumed weather conditions. Your Trip App will have your destination’s weather report, or you can check www.weather.com