Before you begin to pack for your trip, remember you are allowed one suitcase and one carry-on bag. Each participant will be required to handle their own luggage. Student Adventures recommends using a lightweight suitcase with wheels. Carry-on bags must be small enough to fit under a seat or in the overhead bin of the motor coach (duffle bags or backpacks are perfect).
Know the weather for your destination! You will want to pack accordingly.
Your carry-on bag will remain with you at all times and should contain your valuables, a few essentials and, to be safe, a change of clothes for the next day. Here are a few suggestions for your carry-on
- Change of clothing (you will not have access to your main luggage until the following day on all overnight travel trips)
- Spending Money/Debit Card
- Basic toiletries: deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- Cell Phone/IPod with chargers
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Reading Materials
- School ID
Your suitcase should contain your wardrobe for as many days as you will be travelling. Keep in mind that weather will play a factor so pack accordingly. Definitely take the following:
- A good pair of walking shoes and a pair of flip flops for the hotel. A pair of dress shoes if necessary.
- Underwear – take one pair more than you think you need, just in case!
- Jeans/Khakis (or shorts if permitted)
- T-shirts, collared shirts
- Sweater, sweatshirt, windbreaker